--===============0736981833==

--nextPart17486588.V5ugrbQaoS

On Sunday 18 December 2005 22:13, Bram Biesbrouck wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know what's the best approach to join two files together in a
> "package-file"? As my file format, I use both a binary file and a xml meta
> file to save application-information. Currently, I'm using the tar (with
> gzip) functionality, which works great, but it has the drawback that the
> file gets recognised as a tarred gzip file, has a similar icon, and opens
> with Ark.

Most applications that use this technique use the ZIP compression format=20
instead, including OpenOffice and KWord (and WinAmp skins even).

The compression format itself shouldn't matter too much though. I think wh=
at=20
you need to do is setup a custom mimetype for your format (something like=20
application/x-programName)

Each mimetype should have an associated .desktop file in=20
$KDEDIR/share/mimelnk. Beyond that I'm not horrifically sure, hopefully=20
someone else knows.

Regards,
- Michael Pyne