On Sunday 18 December 2005 17:44, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> On Sunday 18 December 2005 13:33, Dave Feustel wrote:
> > The games are all GID (2000).
> > There are a number of kde programs with UID (4000) root set.
> > Where can I get man info on kde commands like ksud, which has
> > UID set?

> Debian might have manpages for them. KDE as a project doesn't produce any.
> Like David has already pointed out, the setuid binaries are few and far
> between, and he's described what they are for. I'll do it again:
>

> kgrantpty gets /dev/pty* for apps that need a pty and sets permissions on it.

The pty is accessed but its owner:group and permissions are not set by kde
running on OpenBSD. This means that each pty for a kde konsole window is
rw by world on OpenBSD. Where is the call to kgrantpty?

> I don't think any of these applications have ever been audited in a meaningful
> way (didn't you ask that before?).
>
> [ade]

Lose, v., experience a loss, get rid of, "lose the weight"
Loose, adj., not tight, let go, free, "loose clothing"