I've just installed KDE on my new x86-64 system using kdesvn-build. Somehow
I've lost all the KDE styles (they don't appear in the drop down in
kcontrol). However, the styles do show up in qtconfig! (When I load
qtconfig, it thinks it's using the style "Unknown", but all the correct
choices are in that drop down.)

I traced through the code a bit and it looks like QStyleFactory::keys() is
returning only the basic styles. Looking in QStyleFactory, it looks like it's
looking for libraries to do the style drawing. (I tried rebuilding qt-copy,
but this had no effect.)

; cd $KDEDIRS
; find -name '*plastik*'
../lib/kde3/kwin_plastik_config.la
../lib/kde3/kwin_plastik_config.so
../lib/kde3/kwin3_plastik.la
../lib/kde3/kwin3_plastik.so
../lib/kde3/kstyle_plastik_config.la
../lib/kde3/kstyle_plastik_config.so
../lib/kde3/plugins/styles/plastik.la
../lib/kde3/plugins/styles/plastik.so
../share/apps/kwin/plastik.desktop
../share/apps/kstyle/themes/plastik.themerc

Those are the files I would expect to find. Does anybody have any idea why
KDE is not picking up these styles? Thanks.
--

Craig Howard