On Friday 16 December 2005 00:06, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> David Jarvie wrote:
> >Why are some header files such as kcalendarsystemgregorian.h not
> > installed by the kdelibs 3.5 build? (They are in the noinst_HEADERS
> > section of kdecore/Makefile.am.) I want to use KCalendarSystemGregorian
> > in an application - how am I supposed to do this?

> Because those files are not public headers. You're not supposed to use
> stuff that is in them, because they may change incompatibly.
> If you have a good reason to use them, write to the author or
> kde-core-devel@kde.org and describe the problem. Maybe we'll together
> come to the conclusion that the header ought to be public.

What I was wanting to use the header for was simply to get translations of day
and month names. Using KGlobal::locale()->calendar() is not suitable, since I
need to use January, February, etc. or the application won't work. Perhaps
there is an alternative way of retrieving these translations, without adding
them as translatable strings in the application?

David Jarvie.
KAlarm author and maintainer.