David Faure wrote:
> On Wednesday 07 December 2005 17:28, Bram Biesbrouck wrote:
>>> Yes, but a signal connect() is a much looser coupling that actually
>>> carrying around a pointer to mainWin.

>> well, because of the topLevelWidget() function, there's no need to carry
>> around anything, it's just there, that's what made it interesting to use in
>> the first place...

> Yes, but later on you decide to use a splitted view or to turn it into an
> embeddable kparts component or to redesign the GUI in any other way,
> and then topLevelWidget is no use anymore, another class has the actions
> and the slots. If you use signals from the start, it's very easy to just
> connect them in the other class when making that redesign.

.... and state changes let you easily define in your app's ui.rc files
which set of actions need to be enabled/disabled for each state, which
is much more flexible than a series of calls to enable()/disable()
within your app's code. Also, you don't have to #include a bunch of
headers for KMainWindow & Co. everywhere.