On Wednesday 07 December 2005 17:28, Bram Biesbrouck wrote:
> Op woensdag 7 december 2005 15:49, schreef Guillaume Laurent:
> > Bram Biesbrouck wrote:
> > > ic, thanks, but still, I'll have to connect every relevant objects's
> > > signals to the mainWin then?

> > Yes, but a signal connect() is a much looser coupling that actually
> > carrying around a pointer to mainWin.

> well, because of the topLevelWidget() function, there's no need to carry
> around anything, it's just there, that's what made it interesting to use in
> the first place...

Yes, but later on you decide to use a splitted view or to turn it into an
embeddable kparts component or to redesign the GUI in any other way,
and then topLevelWidget is no use anymore, another class has the actions
and the slots. If you use signals from the start, it's very easy to just
connect them in the other class when making that redesign.