--===============2041031437==

--nextPart1698957.xxABIa0rUb

Volker Lukas wrote:
>Thiago Macieira wrote:
>> [...]
>>
>> So, my recommendation stays: do not let exceptions propagate to inside
>> the Qt libraries and, even more so, the KDE libraries. Doing so could
>> cause problems for you later.

>With Qt, it could only cause problems later if Trolltech decided to
> degrade there product to not be exception-safe at that later time.

You did not understand what I meant:

Qt is exception-safe only if compiled with -fexceptions. That is the=20
default.

But since it doesn't use exceptions on its own, it can be compiled with=20
=2Dfno-exceptions to save space (what I said before: the exception table in=
=20
libQtCore.so is larger than libglib.so entirely).

So you can expect people to compile it with -fno-exceptions. If you write=20
applications that rely on exceptions being enabled in Qt, you'll be=20
shooting yourself in the foot. Don't do that.

=2D-=20
PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C 966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

2. T=F3 cennan his weorc gearu, ymbe se circolwyrde, wear=F0 se c=E6gbord a=
nd se=20
leohtspeccabord, and =FEa m=FDs c=F3mon lator. On =FEone d=E6g, he hine res=
te.