On Monday 05 December 2005 14:50, Tommi M=E4kitalo wrote:
> Exceptionhandling makes errorhandling easy and safe especially in deep ca=

ll =

> stacks (more than 1;-) ).

Except when a destructor involved in the stack-unwinding makes a call which=
itself
raises an exception ... and then ... kaboom. Not allowed by the standard. a=
bort().
With a rather confusing backtrace. Fun, isn't it?

I can tell you that I lost a long time on debugging exception problems in a=
non-kde project,
and I would certainly NOT say that exceptions make it "easy and safe". Cert=
ainly not.
No the C++ exceptions, I mean. Don't (anyone) bring Java into the mix. Exce=
ptions
might be easy and safe in Java and some other languages, but in C++ they ha=
ve very
nasty behaviors like the one above.

-- =

=