Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote:
> They are as a result impossible to support for compilers without serious
> trade-offs in either space or speed. (either 20% slower or the need to
> included debug-info to unwind. Compiling with exceptions does the same as
> using -g1)

Care to support this with actual data ? And what's better, that the
compiler includes stack unwinding info, or that you write it yourself
through a bunch of if (returnCode == error) {...} ?
> The short lesson in every C++ book except Stroustrups is: Don't use them!

Here's a list of C++ books I have, all very well known :

Please tell me where these say that exceptions shouldn't be used.