On Sunday 04 December 2005 21:15, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Jonas Widarsson wrote:
> >I've learned that there is some kind of decision made for KDE to not use
> >exceptions.

> No.
>
> KDE libraries don't use exceptions unnecessarily. KDE programs are fully
> free to use them if they want.

Ok, Good. Thanks.

> >I read about exceptions and like to use them in my KDE app to, but first
> > I'd like to hear the primary reasons why KDE didn't like exceptions.

> 1) increase in code size
> 2) with some compilers, decrease in performance
>
> Recently, on the thread about event loop integration, I posted a few
> numbers. The size of QtCore's (Qt4) exception tables was larger than the
> full of libglib.

Does the size increase in relation to the amount of exceptions used?
(I mean roughly. Of course every little line of more code increases size.)

--
Jonas Widarsson

tel: +46 271 152 00 - tel: +46 271 121 42 (hemma/home) - gsm: +46 70 539 64 79
MSN: jonas@widarsson.com ICQ: 72016688 jabber: jonas@widarsson.com