--===============1765222889==

--nextPart1690901.ymHYLPes35

On Wednesday 09 November 2005 12:32, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Docbook is ok, but why should source code be encoded in utf-8. I always
> thought there should be no non-ascii-letters in source code?

As mentioned elsewhere, stuff like names in the comments could be in utf-8.

> User visible strings should be in english, so no non-ascii chars.

User visible, *translatable* strings are always in English. Strings that a=
re=20
specifically not meant to be translated don't apply here. I once used a ut=
f8=20
source code file to test out QString's Unicode support, for instance.

Regards,
- Michael Pyne