On 09.11.05 10:44:17, Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> It seems that all developers are not aware that KDE source code (and docbook
> of course) should be utf8 encoded so to avoid any problems related to
> encoding, I broadcast it!
> Please save your code files as utf8!!!

Docbook is ok, but why should source code be encoded in utf-8. I always
thought there should be no non-ascii-letters in source code? User
visible strings should be in english, so no non-ascii chars and then get
translated into the various languages (using a utf-8 encoded .po-file).
What other places with non-ascii source code are there in KDE?

Just curious, not a kde developer

Andreas

--
You will soon forget this.