--===============0888266794==

--nextPart10298699.zpXMBBUpWl

On Tuesday 08 November 2005 11:38, J. Preiss wrote:
> I have a problem with both tools: with konstruct, I have to wait for a new
> package. With kdesvn, It seems not to be possible to get a running kde
> version (of course, with so much code...).

kdesvn-build will pretty much completely ignore your Konstruct sources (or =
in=20
short, "no")

> Or should I think about reactivating qbuildkde...? There I
> had at least some kind of interaction ("compile only this part" and things
> like that...)

There is lots of interaction possible with kdesvn-build, although without t=
he=20
shiny graphical interface.

'kdesvn-build --pretend' will show what kdesvn-build would do, without=20
actually trying to download or build.

'kdesvn-build --no-svn' just performs the build and install.

'kdesvn-build --svn-only' <-- likewise, this just performs the update.

'kdesvn-build --refresh-build' <-- forces a clean rebuild of the modules. =
You=20
may want to try this.

You can add a list of modules to all of those command lines as well:

'kdesvn-build --refresh-build --no-svn arts kdelibs' would cause kdesvn-bui=
ld=20
to do a clean rebuild of the arts and kdelibs modules, but without performi=
ng=20
the update from Subversion.

Another thing: what version of kdesvn-build are you using? If you're tryin=
g=20
to compile KDE 3.5 you should really be using 0.97.6.

To see the command line options, just do 'kdesvn-build --help' at the comma=
nd=20
line. There's also some documentation online which I'm working on fixing=20
since it's really very basic at this time. =20

http://kdesvn-build.kde.org/documentation/

Regards,
- Michael Pyne