--===============0971139351==

--nextPart1700418.8mOp2f9jEN

Guillaume Laurent wrote:
>If I recall correctly, the reason for that was saving memory because
> g++'s exception handling was particularly costly in that area. However,
> is this reason still valid ? If not, then introducing exceptions in
> some cases would probably be a good thing.

The old g++ versions had a performance penalty with code using exceptions.=
=20
The new versions (since 3.2 or something) only increase the binary size,=20
but don't affect performance unless exceptions are actually used.

In any event, for consistency's sake, don't introduce exceptions in a few=20
corner cases if none are used at all.

=2D-=20
PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C 966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

1. On frumscafte, hwonne time_t w=E6s n=E1ht, se scieppend =FEone circolwyr=
de=20
wundorcr=E6ftl=EDge cennede and seo eor=F0e w=E6s idel and hit w=E6s g=F3d.