--===============1913216162==

--nextPart1328352.xW9v3hFNvd

On Saturday 01 October 2005 02:09, Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
> On Sat, 1 Oct 2005 00:35:03 -0500
>
> "Steven P. Ulrick" wrote:
> > On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 17:54:56 -0400
> >
> > Michael Pyne wrote:
> > > Perhaps you should try narrowing it down to the libraries that only
> > > JuK and amarok have in common. Possibly musicbrainz?
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > - Michael Pyne

> > Hello, Michael
> > Well, after a recent full update of KDE from Branch 3.5, Amarok seems
> > to be linked correctly. At least it's better than it was, and the
> > Amarok version number and the KDE version that it uses seems to be
> > correct.
> > For your enjoyment/amusement, here is a pdf of a spread sheet that I
> > did comparing the output of ldd on amarok and juk:
> > http://www.afolkey2.net/Juk-Amaraok_Libraries.pdf

Steven,

The spreadsheet is interesting (I didn't know that amarok managed to avoid=
=20
linking to all those libraries . Possibly the problem lies in one of the=
=20
extra libraries used by JuK pulling in a different set of the KDE libraries=
=2E =20
So let's see what extra ones JuK uses:

libakode <-- Correct

libarts* <-- (Possibly) incorrect, but these don't link against KDE anyways=
so=20
they shouldn't be the problem.

libfam, libesd <-- Not related.

libg* <-- Libraries used by gstreamer, so they shouldn't pull in the KDE=20
libraries either.

libk* <-- These are the incorrect libraries, probably pulled in by somethin=
g=20
further down in the list.

libmad <-- Not related.

libmcop <-- Part of aRts, shouldn't link against KDE.

libogg, libpcre*, libposix, libpopt <-- Not related.

libqtmcop <-- Part of aRts (I think), shouldn't be related.

libsoundserver_idl <-- Part of aRts (I think), shouldn't be related.

libtag <-- TagLib. This is also used by Amarok, I wonder if amarok is a=20
wrapper binary to the real program?

libvorbis* <-- Not related.

So, I'm not sure what would be pulling in the wrong JuK libraries. Since=20
you've already set LD_LIBRARY_PATH I'm not sure what else to suggest.

Regards,
- Michael Pyne

--nextPart1328352.xW9v3hFNvd

--nextPart1328352.xW9v3hFNvd--