--===============2038739606==

--nextPart1728818.BHlND52KWm

On Saturday 17 September 2005 01:16, Ivor Hewitt wrote:
> > this should probably just be the General group. the config file is
> > already specific to the applet. so just move it up a few lines =3D)

> It needs to be in the System Tray group since that's the where the
> KSystemTray class that the apps derive from will get their setting so that
> the apps create the right size icons (KSystemTray::loadIcon). The tweak
> relies on the config settings falling back to the kdeglobals config, so
> both the apps and the kicker sys tray use the same icon size. I'll add an
> explicit
> KGlobal::config() to make it clearer.

this will return kicker's config. which is not what we want the system tray=
=20
(or any other applet) doing, to be honest. doubly so for kdeglobalrc. there=
=20
is no guarantee that the systray will predate any KSystemTray instantiation=
s,=20
for one. if this is meant to be a global setting, the you'll need to set it=
=20
elsewhere.

this setting should only be used by the systemtray. and as i've stated befo=
re,=20
i think this will break in a lot of places =3D)

> Ideally I guess the apps would ask the systray what icon size they should
> use.... but that's obviously a much bigger change.

that's just not a possible change, to be honest, given that it's a x-deskto=
p=20
concept and changes the semantics of things somewhat.

=2D-=20
Aaron J. Seigo
GPG Fingerprint: 8B8B 2209 0C6F 7C47 B1EA EE75 D6B7 2EB1 A7F1 DB43

--nextPart1728818.BHlND52KWm

--nextPart1728818.BHlND52KWm--

e <<