On Saturday 17 September 2005 02:48, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Friday 16 September 2005 13:07, Ivor Hewitt wrote:
>
> i'm really concerned this will break on people's system given the odd way=

s =

> apps use the system tray, =

Absolutely, only the brave will get burnt. Of course until you break things =

you never notice what needs fixing.

> + int m_iconWidth =3D conf->readNumEntry("systrayIconWidth", 22);
>
> the leading "int" shouldn't be there =3D)

oops.

> + conf->setGroup("System Tray");
>
> this should probably just be the General group. the config file is already
> specific to the applet. so just move it up a few lines =3D)

It needs to be in the System Tray group since that's the where the KSystemT=
ray =

class that the apps derive from will get their setting so that the apps =

create the right size icons (KSystemTray::loadIcon). The tweak relies on th=
e =

config settings falling back to the kdeglobals config, so both the apps and =

the kicker sys tray use the same icon size. I'll add an explicit =

KGlobal::config() to make it clearer.

Ideally I guess the apps would ask the systray what icon size they should =

use.... but that's obviously a much bigger change.

> with those changes, i'm fine with you committing this.

-- =

Ivor Hewitt.
=

e <<