On 16.09.05 20:25:07, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Friday 16 September 2005 15:42, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > On 16.09.05 13:33:55, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > Where did I say something about .bashrc? Please read my mail, I'm
> > talking about .bash_profile and kdm starts a login shell since 3.4.0 -
> > at least in the debian packages I use.

> =

> I see, sorry.
> =

> Must be a change since 3.3
> KDE3.3.2 from Debian/unstable doesn't,

Debian/unstable uses 3.4.2 since about 3 weeks (ok the whole KDE is in
there for 2 only ;-)

And I think this behaviour of kdm was introduced with 3.4 too.

> > > Did you check the other variables you mentioned as set from the KDE
> > > session (for example a script started through a desktop icon) or from=

> > > terminal inside that session?

> > I checked from within konsole, because I don't know of any possibility
> > to check from "the gui"...

> =

> A Konsole session mixes things up, as the shell in there also reads other =

> files as well.
> A good way to check is to do this at the beginning of /usr/bin/startkde
> env > /tmp/kdestartupenv

Just did that from the alt-f2 run menu and I don't have LD_LIBRARY_PATH
set. =

The same environment from /usr/bin/startkde - no LD_LIBRARY_PATH. As I
said, it's kdm... =

> > And no there is no script started through a desktop icon or so, as I
> > said in another mail it works if I use startx /usr/bin/startkde but it
> > doesn't if I use kdm login.

> =

> Is you use startx you are already logged in and and bash as read all its =

> configuration files (being a login shell _and_ interactive)

As I said before, kdm runs a login shell too, thus $HOME/.bash_profile
gets read and that is exactly were I set LD_LIBRARY_PATH:

andreas@morpheus:~>grep LD_LIB .bash_profile
#export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=3D$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$HOME/hugin/lib:$HOME/kdevelop3.=
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=3D/usr/lib

And so that everyone knows that .bash_profile gets read:
andreas@morpheus:~>grep MEINHELLO .bash_profile
andreas@morpheus:~>export | grep MEINHELLO
declare -x MEINHELLO=3D"TEST"

-- =