--===============0952252759==

--nextPart2416721.DGeBW1BzAZ

On Friday 16 September 2005 15:42, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 16.09.05 13:33:55, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > On Friday 16 September 2005 01:46, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > > 3. using kdm, LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not set, but other variables that are
> > > exported in $HOME/.bash_profile together with LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

> > Are you sure about that?

> Yes I am.
>
> > Usually .bashrc is never read by startkde, as its shell interpreter is
> > not interactive.

> Where did I say something about .bashrc? Please read my mail, I'm
> talking about .bash_profile and kdm starts a login shell since 3.4.0 -
> at least in the debian packages I use.

I see, sorry.

Must be a change since 3.3
KDE3.3.2 from Debian/unstable doesn't, if you need something in the KDE=20
environment in this case you add it through the startkde sourcing mechanism.

> > Did you check the other variables you mentioned as set from the KDE
> > session (for example a script started through a desktop icon) or from a
> > terminal inside that session?

> I checked from within konsole, because I don't know of any possibility
> to check from "the gui"...

A Konsole session mixes things up, as the shell in there also reads other=20
files as well.
A good way to check is to do this at the beginning of /usr/bin/startkde
env > /tmp/kdestartupenv

> And no there is no script started through a desktop icon or so, as I
> said in another mail it works if I use startx /usr/bin/startkde but it
> doesn't if I use kdm login.

Is you use startx you are already logged in and and bash as read all its=20
configuration files (being a login shell _and_ interactive)

Cheers,
Kevin

=2D-=20
Kevin Krammer