--===============0868488530==

--nextPart2583255.PXbEEvnQIN

On Friday, 16. September 2005 15:44, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> And in that case
> it's still kdm's fault...

I think I found it - in kdm. From kdmrc:

# Additional environment variables KDM should pass on to all programs it ru=
ns.
# LD_LIBRARY_PATH and XCURSOR_THEME are good candidates;
# otherwise, it should not be necessary very often.
# Default is ""
#ExportList=3DLD_LIBRARY_PATH,ANOTHER_IMPORTANT_VA R

The description is a little ambiguous, but if I get it right kdm should=20
completely clear the environment except for some vars it sets itself and=20
those specified in ExportList - I'm not sure this is what's affecting you=20
since you wrote that some variables from your profile are getting set, but=
=20
perhaps Debian ships a default kdmrc with a predefined ExportList.

In any case, it's probably worth trying to add LD_LIBRARY_PATH to ExportLis=
t=20
in kdmrc.

=2D-=20
,_, | Michael Nottebrock | lofi@freebsd.org