On 16.09.05 14:39:43, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> On Friday, 16. September 2005 12:47, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > >
> > > Actually, it might be X itself. X.org has included the environment
> > > sanitization code that used to be in the 'wrapper' utility for a while
> > > now ...

> > Did you read the part of my message that you did not quote? I tested
> > with startx and xfce4-terminal, xterm and startkde - except xterm (which
> > is setuid) they do _not_ unset LD_LIBRARY_PATH. =

> =

> Launching X via startx is quite different from logging in with a display =

> manager.

Could you explain that a bit more - withoug getting to detailed? I'm not
an X expert and thought that basically it's the same, except that kdm
maybe uses its own Xserverrc and Xsession and so on... And in that case
it's still kdm's fault... =

Andreas

-- =

You will be the victim of a bizarre joke.
=

e <<