On 16.09.05 13:33:55, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Friday 16 September 2005 01:46, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> =

> > 3. using kdm, LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not set, but other variables that are
> > exported in $HOME/.bash_profile together with LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

> =

> Are you sure about that?

Yes I am.

> Usually .bashrc is never read by startkde, as its shell interpreter is no=

t =

> interactive.

Where did I say something about .bashrc? Please read my mail, I'm
talking about .bash_profile and kdm starts a login shell since 3.4.0 -
at least in the debian packages I use.

> Did you check the other variables you mentioned as set from the KDE sessi=

on =

> (for example a script started through a desktop icon) or from a terminal =

> inside that session?

I checked from within konsole, because I don't know of any possibility
to check from "the gui"...

And no there is no script started through a desktop icon or so, as I
said in another mail it works if I use startx /usr/bin/startkde but it
doesn't if I use kdm login.

-- =

You will always get the greatest recognition for the job you least like.

e <<