On 15.09.05 20:13:52, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> >I recently found out that either kdm (or something during kde
> >initialization) or konsole unsets my LD_LIBRARY_PATH. I know that this
> >happens to setuid programs (like using startx xterm gives the same thing
> >here on Debian).
> >
> >So I'd like to know if anybody here knows _which_ kde program does this,
> >as neither kdm nor kdeinit nor konsole are setuid.

> =

> How are you sure LD_LIBRARY_PATH was set before?

1. Logging into tty1 and starting konsole or xfce4-terminal shows
LD_LIBRARY_PATH, using startx with xterm - it vanishes

2. startx /usr/bin/startkde from tty1 - LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set

3. using kdm, LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not set, but other variables that are
exported in $HOME/.bash_profile together with LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

So after some more testing I found that it must be kdm (startx with
startkde doesn't "eat" LD_LIBRARY_PATH) and am going to file a bug
report with Debians BTS.

Andreas

-- =

You teach best what you most need to learn.
=

e <<