Oh well, it seems, whenever I reach the point of thinking I will not find t=
he =

solution by myself, in fact the solution is right around the corner.

For the record, in case somebody encounters the same problem in the future:
Create the "extension"-part (e.g. D in the example below) as a usual part. =

Don't call setWidget () in this part's constructor, though, as the widget i=
s =

likely already in possession. Then, before adding the part to the =

partmanager, call something like this:

part_to_extend->insertChildClient (extension_part);

(or referrring to the example in the quoted mail: "part_B->insertChildClien=
t =

(part_D);")

That seems to be all there is to it.

Thomas

> I'm just starting to discover the advantages of working with KParts, so
> it's quite likely there is a simple solution, I'm simply overlooking:
>
> My application uses three different main KParts: A, B, and C (A is a
> home-grown kpart, B is a katepart, C is a khtmlpart). Now, whenever B, or=

> are active, I'd like to add some additional custom menu-items / actions to
> the GUI. I figured the best way to do this, would be to create two further
> parts, D and E, containing those additional actions.
> The problem is: How can I combine parts B and D, and parts C and E, so my
> GUI will either be A, (B+D), or (C+E), depending on which view is active?=

> need some way to merge those parts, or, alternatively, a way to extend
> katepart, and khtmlpart.
> Could somebody please give me some general directions on how this can be
> approached?

=

e <<