--===============0279985549==

--nextPart7634945.8Igo6LIquu

On Thursday 08 September 2005 23:23, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Thursday 08 September 2005 08:52, Nadeem Hasan wrote:

y.

> > > roberto cappuccio and i met a couple of times to discuss things. no
> > > time to do any coding on it while there, though. we'll be bringing kat
> > > together with tenor to get what we need in kde4. not much to say real=

ly
> > > i suppose =3D)

> > I apologize for my ignorance, but what is kat?

> currently a file system indexer and full text search system. there's some
> heavy reworking happening right now to bring it up to what's needed for
> kde4, based both on earlier design work done by others and the kat team's
> discoveries with earlier releases (e.g. what scales and what doesn't)...
> it's on appsy and in our svn.
>
> the contextual linkage side of things will be added to the mix to bring t=

he
> tenor concept to life.

Is email indexing in the plans too? That is the single most useful feature=
=20
that I rely on at work in Yahoo Desktop Search. It should be easy I guess i=
f=20
mbox or maildir or cachedimap is used with kmail.

=2D-=20
Nadeem Hasan
GPG Fingerprint: 7141 0B1C 9CAF 624D 307F F8EF 6C0C 753E DD3A 0F53

--nextPart7634945.8Igo6LIquu

--nextPart7634945.8Igo6LIquu--

e <<