--===============0277974293==

--nextPart1239128.j2UPEFZytz

On Thursday 08 September 2005 08:52, Nadeem Hasan wrote:
> On Thursday 08 September 2005 22:00, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > On Thursday 08 September 2005 07:41, Nadeem Hasan wrote:
> > > I had ealier heard that Tenor would be possibly used for this, but I
> > > was mildly surprised to not hear anything about Tenor at the aKademy.

> > roberto cappuccio and i met a couple of times to discuss things. no time
> > to do any coding on it while there, though. we'll be bringing kat
> > together with tenor to get what we need in kde4. not much to say really=

> > suppose =3D)

> I apologize for my ignorance, but what is kat?

currently a file system indexer and full text search system. there's some=20
heavy reworking happening right now to bring it up to what's needed for kde=
4,=20
based both on earlier design work done by others and the kat team's=20
discoveries with earlier releases (e.g. what scales and what doesn't)... it=
's=20
on appsy and in our svn.

the contextual linkage side of things will be added to the mix to bring the=
=20
tenor concept to life.

=2D-=20
Aaron J. Seigo
GPG Fingerprint: 8B8B 2209 0C6F 7C47 B1EA EE75 D6B7 2EB1 A7F1 DB43

--nextPart1239128.j2UPEFZytz

--nextPart1239128.j2UPEFZytz--

e <<