--===============1178603692==

--nextPart2155614.6JILQx6LmL

On Sunday 07 August 2005 18:33, Ian Monroe wrote:
> What is the correct syntax for i18n of a string that is always plural
> with a number?
>
> According to the i18n docs:
> "This form of i18n() gets expanded to as many cases as required by the
> user's language. In English, this is just two forms; in other
> languages it may be more depending on the num variable value."
> refering to the i18n(char*, char*, int) form.
>
> It says that:
> "So something like i18n("%1 files were deleted") is incorrect, even if
> always deleting more than one file."
>
> ...so what exactly am I supposed to do in that situation - always plural?

Just use the plural form of i18n() always since as the documentation says,=
=20
some languages need more than one string for a plural sentence, regardless =
of=20
the fact that English needs only one. I believe that some languages=20
distinguish between two items and more than two items for instance.

Regards,
- Michael Pyne

--nextPart2155614.6JILQx6LmL

--nextPart2155614.6JILQx6LmL--