--===============0508317292==

--nextPart1314687.49VRUDYgRC

On Friday 05 August 2005 16:44, Gary Cramblitt wrote:

> It appears that pre-increment is still preferred over post-increment?, i.=

e.

Yes, but that's because it's a C++ language issue. pre-increment avoids=20
creation of a temporary iterator object which is usually unnecessary.

> but is this better?
>
> QHash::iterator it =3D m_pooledFilterMgrs.begi=

n();
> QHash::iterator itEnd =3D
> m_pooledFilterMgrs.end(); while (it !=3D itEnd) {
> // do something
> ++it;
> }

It is better for any container that doesn't cache the value of end(), only=
=20
problem is that I forget which ones actually can cache it. So it's general=
ly=20
safer to use it if you're worried about performance.

> and of course const_iterator is preferred if you're not going to modify t=

he
> container.

Also don't forget to use constEnd() and constBegin() instead of end() and=20
begin(), since it is more efficient for some containers.

Regards,
- Michael Pyne

--nextPart1314687.49VRUDYgRC

--nextPart1314687.49VRUDYgRC--