--===============1832377639==

--nextPart2635687.kBcsaU0JAg

OK - I've tried to figure this out on my own, and I think that I have done =
so. =20
However, it raises a question.

I wanted to make use of the "X-KDE-autostart-condition" entry in a .desktop=
=20
file. However, I found that if the .desktop file is placed in=20
$KDEHOME/Autostart, this entry is basically ignored. When the file is plac=
ed=20
in $KDEHOME/share/autostart, it is not ignored.

I finally figured out the difference was that $KDEHOME/share/autostart was=
=20
used by kinit, while $KDEHOME/Autostart was used by kdesktop. =20

OK - everything is good, and I'm up and running how I like - however, one=20
question remains:

Is there a reason why the entries started by kdesktop don't honor the=20
X-KDE-autostart-condition setting when it is starting up entries in=20
$KDEHOME/Autostart? It caused a lot of confusion for me because I had just=
=20
thought that $KDEHOME/Autostart was where all "autostarted" entries went (I=
=20
didn't know previously about two different mechanisms of autostarting...)

I think that anything autostarted - whether by kinit or kdesktop should hon=
or=20
the X-KDE-autostart-* settings. Only when clicking on (or otherwise=20
explicitly running) those desktop files should those settings not be read. =
=20
In that second case, they are not being "autostarted".

=2DNathan

--nextPart2635687.kBcsaU0JAg

--nextPart2635687.kBcsaU0JAg--

e <<