On 8/3/05, Leo Spalteholz wrote:
> Hello,
> =

> I've been thinking about how to layout widgets in a sort of freeform
> way with QT and haven't figured out a good way to do it (I'm new at
> this whole thing).
> There are several QLayouts available but none of them seem to do what
> I need them to. That is, several rectangular (maybe polygonal in the
> future) widgets that may be overlapping, and the widget that is
> currently under the mouse pointer and on top in the z order receives
> mouse events.
> =

> The attached image is basically what I want. every rounded rectangle
> is a widget, and each widget may be completely or partially inside
> another widget. Is there a way to easily put widgets in a window at
> arbitrary locations or do I need to code my own QLayout derived class?
> =

> Thanks,
> Leo
> =

It doesn't seem that you are looking for a QLayout, but instead the
anti-layout Perhaps trying something like adding each item to a
QFrame and then allow the items to be dragged around.. I guess my
question is what exactly do you think you need a layout for? Or are
you just assuming that widgets all need layouts? By the by, if you are
interested in seeing an example of what I suggested (with the
draggable widgets)look for the fridge magnet demo.. though it may only
be in qt4's src tree

> =

> =

ibe <<