This is a discussion on Kat desktop search environment on SVN - KDE ; Hi, I'm the author of Kat desktop search environment, = http://kat.sourceforge.net . Kat is rapidly approaching version 1.0 and the development team has almost = completed the Kat architecture which comprises: - A developer's API library - A new kfile ...
Hi, I'm the author of Kat desktop search environment, =
Kat is rapidly approaching version 1.0 and the development team has almost =
completed the Kat architecture which comprises:
- A developer's API library
- A new kfile plugin class for the extraction of fulltext from files
- A series of fulltext plugins for almost every interesting MIME type
- A KDED daemon for indexation/update of catalogs
- A SysTray applet for controlling the status of the daemon
- A Kcm Control Center module for configuration
- A Catalog Browser with limited search capabilities
We are starting now with the most interesting part of the entire architectu=
which is represented by the integration of Kat with Konqueror and KDE.
We would like to ask this community for 2 things:
1. Access to the Playground SVN repository in order to move Kat there
2. Collaboration in the development of the missing parts and in the =
refactoring/enhancement/debugging of the existing parts
One thing that I want to underline here is that the Kat team's efforts have =
one principal goal: the development of an entire environment for desktop =
search for KDE. =
So, please don't consider Kat a single application. It is a complete framew=
comprising an API that you, as KDE developers, can start to use today to ad=
desktop search capabilites to your applications.
Moreover, Kat is heavily based on KDE technologies, so its integration with =
the rest of KDE should be really easy.
If you don't like our Catalog Browser, you could simply create a new one :-)
If you have questions, you can contact the Kat team on irc.freenode.net, =
channel #kat or visit our site http://kat.sourceforge.net where you can fin=
some forums and a collaborative WIKI.
Roberto Cappuccio and the Kat team
roberto dot cappuccio at gmail dot com
>> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscrib=