On Tuesday 02 of August 2005 19:40, Koos Vriezen wrote:

> > > I wasn't aware of that. Looks pretty clean to me. Can't recall a noti=

ce
> > > about this in the header btw, but if you say so ..

> > Well, application developers seem to have trouble with understanding
> > that they're basically supposed to be obey the WM and not the other way
> > around. But I don't see how a notice in the header should change
> > anything, what should it say, "setting an incorrect window type in order
> > to trick KWin into using a different titlebar is wrong"?

> I meant I wasn't aware I was using hacks. The question was howto change
> titlebar size. So I guess the answer is one can't w/o hacks (how boring).

You, or anybody else for that matter, are welcome to work on the less bori=
ng =

parts of KWin. As a core part of KDE KWin has more then enough boring issue=
s =

to occupy its maintainer, and I'm really glad Thomas and the decoration =

developers at least take care of the eyecandy stuff.

-- =

Lubos Lunak
KDE developer

e <<