Hello,

I want to embed our application as kpart into konqueror.
The application is a sort of internet browser, but not html.
See:
http://pvbrowser.org

The question is: What do I have to write in the desktop file ?
cat pvbrowser.desktop
MimeType=3D???;
ServiceTypes=3DBrowser/View
X-KDE-Library=3Dlibpvbrowser

How can I set an appropriate MimeType ?

The browser works as an external application with:
cat pvbrowser.protocol
[Protocol]
exec=3Dprocessview %u
protocol=3Dpv
input=3Dnone
output=3Dnone
helper=3Dtrue
listing=3Dfalse
reading=3Dtrue
writing=3Dtrue
makedir=3Dfalse
deleting=3Dfalse

The plugin framework was created by kdevelop.
What do I have to add for openeing a url ?
pvbrowserPart:vbrowserPart( QWidget *parentWidget, const char *widgetName,
QObject *parent, const char *name )
: KParts::ReadWritePart(parent, name)
{
}

From the kde manuals I can only see how to handle files in my kpart.
Not how to handle/define network protocols.

I need the protocols,
pv://
pvssh://
for my application.