--===============1338286699==

------=_Part_3647_32328836.1121522562847

the response I got from Jes Hall had the exact solution to my problem:
> if so, you should have a look at the gtk-qt engine from

> http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software_2fgtk_2dqt<http://www.freedeskto=

p.org/wiki/Software_2fgtk_2dqt>

> This gives you a KDE control centre module from which you can set gtk=20

styles
and fonts.

apt-get install gtk2-engines-gtk-qt

On 7/11/05, Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper wrote:
>=20
> I've been plagued by this many times in the past too. I don't use any=20
> gnome
> applications anymore, don't use gnome-settings-daemon, so don't have this
> problem currently, but still I would LOVE to find out why this happens.
>=20
> On Saturday 09 July 2005 21:07, Alan Ezust wrote:
> > The default fonts look fine until I run gnome-settings-daemon and then
> > suddenly kde fonts get WAAAY too big. But the gnome fonts (which=20

> previously
> > were too small) become the correct size.
> >
> > I've been unable to get the gnome and kde fonts sizes matching up.

=20
> on

> default Fonts in KDE are not
> > >
> > > very well choosen.

> systems
> > >
> > > or not

> broken,
> > >
> > > but

s=20

> > > fontconfig

> without
> > >
> > > so)

> > > Yes this change should be made to replace Helvetica with "Sans Serif"=

..
> > > This is probably OK to replace Courier with "Monospace" as well since
> > > the Type1 Courier that comes with XFree86 is quite old.
> > >
> > > XFree86 and Xorg now ship with FontConfig so it shouldn't be a=20

> problem.

> > > I don't see the fonts as being too big. Do you have a 1024x768 screen
> > > set to 100 DPI?
> > >
> > > --
> > > JRT

>=20
> --
>=20
> ,-----------------------------------------------------------------//
> | Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper :: Numbers 6:22-26
> `
> | All brontosauruses are thin at one end, much MUCH thicker
> | in the middle, and then thin again at the far end. That is
> | the theory that I have and which is mine, and what it is too.
> ,
> | bash$ ){ :|:&};:
> `----------------------//
>=20

--=20
University of Victoria
Department of Computer Science
Victoria, BC, Canada

www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software_2fgtk_2dqt" target=3D"_blank">> http:/=
/www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software_2fgtk_2dqt

> This gives you a KDE control centre module from which you can set gtk =
styles

and fonts.

apt-get install gtk2-engines-gtk-qt

On 7/11/05, me">Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper <vR=
@movingparts.net
> wrote:
le=3D"border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex;=
padding-left: 1ex;">
I've been plagued by this many times in the past too.   I don't u=
se any gnome
applications anymore, don't use gnome-settings-daemon, so d=
on't have this
problem currently, but still I would LOVE to find out why=
this happens.

On Saturday 09 July 2005 21:07, Alan Ezust wrote:
> The defau=
lt fonts look fine until I run gnome-settings-daemon and then
> sudde=
nly kde fonts get WAAAY too big. But the gnome fonts (which previously

> were too small) become the correct size.
>
> I've been una=
ble to get the gnome and kde fonts sizes matching up.

> On 7/=
4/05, James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj@acm.=
org
> wrote:
> > Heinrich Wendel wrote:
> > > I thi=
nk many people noticed it, but nobody seems to care, not even on
> &g=
t; > bugs.kde.org < p://bugs.kde.org">
http://bugs.kde.org
>. The default Fonts in KDE are not
> ><=
br>> > very well choosen.

> > > There are tw=
o problems:

> > > 1.) They point to values th=
at are either not installed on many systems

> > or not
> >
> > > Antialiase=
able. This is why many people think their Fonts are broken,

>> > but
> >
> > > they are not. Just the Defaul=
ts are broken. A very easy fix for this to

> > > change the default values to "sans", "ser=
if" and "monotype", so

> > fontconfig<=
br>> >
> > > can take care of it. If this raises Problems=
on distributions without

> > > fontconfig (any distribution out there without fontconfi=
g? i don't
> > > think
> >
> > so)
> &g=
t;
> > > we can put ifdefs around this.
> >
> &g=
t; Yes this change should be made to replace Helvetica with "Sans Seri=
f".

> > This is probably OK to replace Courier with "Monospace&q=
uot; as well since
> > the Type1 Courier that comes with XFree86 i=
s quite old.

> > XFree86 and Xorg now ship with FontC=
onfig so it shouldn't be a problem.

> > > 2.) The size of the fonts is to big. I prop=
ose to reduce it to
> > > 10points.
> >
> > I=
don't see the fonts as being too big. Do you have a 1024x768 screen

> > set to 100 DPI?
> >
> > --
> > JRT
=

,--=
---------------------------------------------------------------//
| Jaso=
n 'vanRijn' Kasper ::  Numbers 6:22-26
`
| All brontosaur=
uses are thin at one end, much MUCH thicker

| in the middle, and then thin again at the far end.  That i=
| the theory that I have and which is mine, and what it is too.
,=

| bash$ ){ :|:&};:
`----------------------//
<=