--===============0928000965==

--nextPart1157039.8p7tRRPLl6

On Wednesday, 13 of July 2005 06:52, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> Why stop at the HOME directory? =A0There is a lot of stuff there that user
> don't need to ever visit except to do configuration and administration
> tasks.

Such as? Everything pertaining to configuration and administration and ceta=
era=20
is (or at least should be) in dotfiles. That is: hidden from the user's=20
normal view. Ergo: everything not being a dotfile (or dotdir, whatever) in =
a=20
homedir is user's own data. I don't see any advantage of having another=20
artificial directory level below home; and this doesn't come free, either:=
=20
you get longer paths that way, and that means more typing when entering the=
m=20
manually.
=2D-=20
Rafa=B3 Rzepecki