--===============1235880600==

--nextPart6496399.RYz3NFtYVr

On Tuesday, 12. July 2005 19:57, Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> on Tuesday 12 July 2005 09:54, Karim Ryde wrote:
> > Hi Jakob!
> >
> > I found the easiest way to create a release tarball is cvs export, run
> > "make Makefile.cvs", delete the newly created dir and files, then tar
> > everything.

> I do a 'make distcheck' which packages everything together in a tar.gz
> archive and even checks that it compiles and installs.

A lot of kde application tarballs out there has inconsistent timestamps on=
=20
top-level configure.in.in or Makefile.am or cvs.sh or whatever, causing the=
=20
buildmagic to try and run autotools again when you run make after configure=
-=20
very annoying for packagers, let me tell you.

Perhaps one of the release-gurus (coolo!) could comment on the definitive w=
ay=20
to of rolling a release tarball.

=2D-=20
,_, | Michael Nottebrock | lofi@freebsd.org