Hi,

I'm in the process of doing a release, which is my first one ever,
of my KDE app. I have used the standard KDevelop KDE app template,
and it gave me following two problems:

1. When doing Distribution & Publishing, KDevelop put several files into th=
e =

tarball twice. It packed two copies of acinclude.m4.in, Doxyfile.am and =

libtool.m4.in in the admin/ directory into the tarball, which causes quirks =

when unpacking. But that's easily fixable and not my problem.
My problem is:

2. I did the standard ./configure, make, make install to test out if =

installing works. It seems to install correctly, but my program,
respectively the KDE libs, can't find the XMLGUI description which
has also been installed into (kdedir)/share/apps/pakoo/pakooui.rc.
The error message in the debug output is
"kdeui (kdelibs): ERROR: No such XML file (kdedir)/bin/pakooui.rc"
and that's not where kdelibs should search the file, right?

Strangely enough, if I run my program as root, it finds the file
and displays all the menus and the toolbar correctly.

Does anyone have an idea what causes this behaviour?
I followed the XMLGUI tutorial, and I think my app pretty much uses all the =

standard ways to do things. I don't get it why it doesn't work.

Thanks for help,
Jakob
=

e <<