--===============1683457794==

--nextPart1444292.QKh82tF9d9

On Monday 11 July 2005 11:15, David Indran Underwood wrote:
> Here attached with this memo is some text to understand the Kamel
> Project

plasma is not an applet designer, it's a harmonization of the desktop (wher=
e=20
we today shove icons that get hidden by windows and the desktop panels.=
=20
plasma will certainly be easily extensible via applets, much as the panel i=
s=20
today only with greater application and hopefully easier to get at =3D)

this describes only the technology framework, however. the application of t=
his=20
framework will come in the form of things built on top of plasma, much as i=
t=20
is today with kicker and it's buttons and applets.=20

i also get the impression that in your mind eye candy and useful are someho=
w=20
opposed to each other; if so, i think that's wildly unfounded.=20

not sure if i understand what kamel is, so let me try describing what i thi=
nk=20
i read in your document and you can correct me as needed:

kamel is an all-in-wonder application that is a launch pad to various=20
locations in kde, much like viewing system:/ in konqueror full screen might=
=20
be? are there any mockups or more detailed descriptions that can be looked =
at=20
or are you just at the goal defining stage at this point?

=2D-=20
Aaron J. Seigo
GPG Fingerprint: 8B8B 2209 0C6F 7C47 B1EA EE75 D6B7 2EB1 A7F1 DB43

--nextPart1444292.QKh82tF9d9

--nextPart1444292.QKh82tF9d9--

e <<