--===============0199737462==

--nextPart1275926.9K689Vy70l

On Monday 11 July 2005 13:00, David Indran Underwood wrote:

> Actually I think the Kamel Project ethos is opposed to the Plasma
> concept, Plasm is trying to add functionality on top of Konqueror
> Kamel is cuting down Konqueror to more user friendly elements with

Well, you possibly have a second set of mockup screenshots somewhere, but t=
he=20
one I found yesterday didn't look like either a filemanager or a web browse=
r=20
replacement.

To me they looked like a fullscreen interface, a replacement for the curren=
t=20
desktop+panel setup.

And that is the goal of the Plasma project if I am not mistaken and as far =
as=20
I know it doesn't plan on extending Konqueror.
Maybe there is some kind of misunderstanding?

> If anything the Plasma project should join
> the Kamel Project.

Not very likely if your goal is just an enhanced filemanager/webbrowser.
Plasma is a whole new interface to the KDE desktop itself.

Cheers,
Kevin

=2D-=20
Kevin Krammer