On Sunday 10 July 2005 02:07, Alan Ezust wrote:
> The default fonts look fine until I run gnome-settings-daemon and then
> suddenly kde fonts get WAAAY too big. But the gnome fonts (which previous=

ly
> were too small) become the correct size.

Thats because the GNOME settings daemon sets the Xft dpi, and usually to =

96dpi. However, when doing so it completely ignores the X dpi setting - so =

Gtk1 and Gtk2 apps would be using different dpi settings!

KDE, sets the Xft dpi from the X dpi - so that they match. This is how it =

should be - inform X of your screens dimensions, and it will calculate the =

correct dpi setting.

Craig.

=

=