Hi,

I'm currently playing around with kde a bit I started to work on my own first
little kioslave but I hit a problem I can't solve myself and the mailinglist
archives haven't been of much help either:
I'd like to use KIconLoader to provide themed icons with my kioslave.
Unfortunately, Qt complains that no QApplication is running and QPixmaps
can't be created. I remember having read somewhere that Qt uses X pixmaps for
the QPixmaps and that's why QPixmaps cannot be used without an X application
to which these pixmaps belong (or something along those lines).

Is there a reasonable way to get QPixmaps working inside a kioslave?

Florian Merz