File managaement tool for AS400 - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on File managaement tool for AS400 - IBM AS400 ; All, just wanted to know if anyone are aware of any file management tool which can let us work without a DDS. To be specific, are anyone aware of any tool which is similar to FILEAID?. Also, i am aware ...

  1. File managaement tool for AS400

    All,

    just wanted to know if anyone are aware of any file management tool
    which can let us work without a DDS.

    To be specific, are anyone aware of any tool which is similar to
    FILEAID?.

    Also, i am aware that fileaid can be installed for DB2, but, can we
    install the same thing directly in AS400?

  2. Re: File managaement tool for AS400

    >just wanted to know if anyone are aware of any file management tool
    >which can let us work without a DDS.

    iSeries Navigator from iSeries Access can do that. (if you're using
    Windows)

    --
    Bob Comer

    On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 09:17:36 -0800 (PST), cowboy007
    wrote:

    >All,
    >
    >just wanted to know if anyone are aware of any file management tool
    >which can let us work without a DDS.
    >
    >To be specific, are anyone aware of any tool which is similar to
    >FILEAID?.
    >
    >Also, i am aware that fileaid can be installed for DB2, but, can we
    >install the same thing directly in AS400?

+ Reply to Thread