SNDDST *LMSG - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on SNDDST *LMSG - IBM AS400 ; Hello, Is there a way I can see/trace/log the SNDDST *LMSG I use 4 ISeries but the mail never reaches the recipant on one of them. The 3 other works. Michael...

  1. SNDDST *LMSG

    Hello,

    Is there a way I can see/trace/log the SNDDST *LMSG

    I use 4 ISeries but the mail never reaches the recipant on one of them.
    The 3 other works.

    Michael

  2. Re: SNDDST *LMSG

    On Nov 5, 1:46*pm, "mbs" wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Is there a way I can see/trace/log the SNDDST *LMSG
    >
    > I use 4 ISeries but the mail never reaches the recipant on one of them.
    > The 3 other works.
    >
    > Michael

    The 1st part is to do dspdstlog for the period of time you are
    intereted in. The you can do option 5 I think then one function key
    shows the subject & another shows the user its sent to which is
    something starting with Q at internet or similar.
    Also you can d ocfgtcpsmtp & get the smtp server which is handling
    your requests, Telnet to it on port 20 for smtp then use the std smtp
    commands to make sure your not being blocked by some ip settings eg
    where you should replace the &string with a sesible value:
    HELO &servername
    mail from:<&fromemail>
    rcpt to:<&emailto>
    data
    subject: test

    test data here
    ..

    Our customer insists ona valid from email address so you have to
    wrkusrprf then F10 to see the email address & change it there so
    snddst works for that user. Most of our stuff goes out through a
    single userid so we dont have to maintain massive lists.

    HTH

    Jonathan.

  3. Re: SNDDST *LMSG

    On Nov 5, 5:46*am, "mbs" wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Is there a way I can see/trace/log the SNDDST *LMSG
    >
    > I use 4 ISeries but the mail never reaches the recipant on one of them.
    > The 3 other works.
    >
    > Michael

    You can turn on journaling for SMTP. This might help. CHGSMTPA
    JOURNAL(*YES). Then display the journal QZMF to an outfile and query
    it.

+ Reply to Thread