SQLRPGLE - H-Spec - /Include - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on SQLRPGLE - H-Spec - /Include - IBM AS400 ; Hi, 1) I created a SQLRPGLE program 2) In this program, there is a reference to a /Include 3) In this /Include, there are variables defined 4) In the program, there are definitions in the D-Spec referring to the variables ...

  1. SQLRPGLE - H-Spec - /Include

    Hi,

    1) I created a SQLRPGLE program
    2) In this program, there is a reference to a /Include
    3) In this /Include, there are variables defined
    4) In the program, there are definitions in the D-Spec referring to
    the variables defined in the /Include

    To compile this program, I have to change the RPGPPOPT parameter of
    the CRTSQLRPGI command to (*LVL2).

    Apart from changing the CRTSQLRPGI command with the CHGDFTCMD to
    default the RPGPPOPT to *LVL2, is there a way to make sure *LVL2 will
    always be used by the SQL pre-processor? (My client is not a big fan
    of CHGCMDDFT, so I try to find a safe way around)

    I tried to include RPGPPOPT(*LVL2) in the program's H-Spec, but it's
    not accepted. I didn't find anything in the documentation, but I know
    the documentation is not up to date.

    thx

    Jack

  2. Re: SQLRPGLE - H-Spec - /Include

    Hi,

    you may check the option COMPILEOPT in the SET OPTION Statement.

    Birgitta

+ Reply to Thread