Daily QSECOFR object creation listing - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Daily QSECOFR object creation listing - IBM AS400 ; Auditors would like a daily listing of newly created qsecofr objects, other than dumping dspobjd for *ALL/*ALL or some heavy duting journaling are there any default commands that might help me out??...

  1. Daily QSECOFR object creation listing

    Auditors would like a daily listing of newly created qsecofr objects,
    other than dumping dspobjd for *ALL/*ALL or some heavy duting
    journaling are there any default commands that might help me out??

  2. Re: Daily QSECOFR object creation listing

    On Oct 30, 5:46*pm, iseriesflorida wrote:
    > Auditors would like a daily listing of newly created qsecofr objects,
    > other than dumping dspobjd for *ALL/*ALL or some heavy duting
    > journaling are there any default commands that might help me out??

    wrkobjown ? Its not very good for reporting as the only option is an
    interactive output..
    However dspusrprf type(*objown) gives a list of objects
    interactive,print or outfile but sends me a CPI220D saying
    Message . . . . : 108 objects were not included in this
    list.
    Cause . . . . . : Objects were found that meet the search criteria
    but were
    not included in the returned list. Objects in a directory could not
    be

    processed.
    Recovery . . . : Use the QSYLOBJA API with format OBJA0110,
    OBJA0210, or
    OBJA0310 to retrieve objects in a
    directory.

    108 is the number of IFS objects I own not in QDLS or QSYS.LIB which
    are shown by the 1st command. Not sure if this API would be any use as
    a replacement.
    You can audit library changes but I have never used it & dont know if
    the object owner is included directly or if you would have to work it
    out from the object.
    I imagine that the adopt authority flag is also of some concern to
    you.

    HTH
    Jonathan

  3. Re: Daily QSECOFR object creation listing

    iseriesflorida wrote:

    > Auditors would like a daily listing of newly created qsecofr objects,
    > other than dumping dspobjd for *ALL/*ALL or some heavy duting
    > journaling are there any default commands that might help me out??

    Consider system auditing functions that are made available by activating
    auditing with various QAUD* system values or through the SECTOOLS menu.
    You might then enable related elements for QSECOFR with a command like:

    ==> CHGUSRAUD USRPRF(QSECOFR) AUDLVL(*CREATE *DELETE *OBJMGT)

    Reporting would then be over journal entries retrieved from the QAUDJRN
    system audit journal.

    --
    Tom Liotta
    http://zap.to/tl400