V5R3M0 & Operations Console Question - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on V5R3M0 & Operations Console Question - IBM AS400 ; Hi, We have a model 810 (no LPAR's), currently running V5R3M0. We use Operations Console, with a Direct Connection for system console. I'm just in the early stages of planning for the upgrade to V5R4M0 and have read somewhere that ...

  1. V5R3M0 & Operations Console Question

    Hi,

    We have a model 810 (no LPAR's), currently running V5R3M0. We use
    Operations Console, with a Direct Connection for system console.

    I'm just in the early stages of planning for the upgrade to V5R4M0 and
    have read somewhere that this type of console is not useable and that
    we lose the virtual control panel options.

    Is this the case ? or do we have to purchase and setup a HMC ?

    Regards,

    Darren.

  2. Re: V5R3M0 & Operations Console Question

    il 30/10/2008 18.12, Scrive DJM014 43299120:
    > Hi,
    >
    > We have a model 810 (no LPAR's), currently running V5R3M0. We use
    > Operations Console, with a Direct Connection for system console.
    >
    > I'm just in the early stages of planning for the upgrade to V5R4M0 and
    > have read somewhere that this type of console is not useable and that
    > we lose the virtual control panel options.
    >
    > Is this the case ? or do we have to purchase and setup a HMC ?

    HMC is not an option for model 810, HMC ports are on 520 up.