[Q] How to identify large files in Libraries and/or IFS? - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on [Q] How to identify large files in Libraries and/or IFS? - IBM AS400 ; Hi, anybody have some tips on how to find out where the disk space all went on a V5R4 system? I thought I could use QSH CMD(find / -size +1G -ls') but see that the iSeries QSH version of 'find' ...

  1. [Q] How to identify large files in Libraries and/or IFS?

    Hi, anybody have some tips on how to find out where the disk space all
    went on a V5R4 system?

    I thought I could use QSH CMD(find / -size +1G -ls') but see that the
    iSeries QSH version of 'find' does not work the same as the *nix
    equivalant as I cannot use the + modifier.

    Thanks in advance for any suggestions
    JohnO

  2. Re: How to identify large files in Libraries and/or IFS?

    On Oct 29, 12:14*pm, JohnO wrote:
    > Hi, anybody have some tips on how to find out where the disk space all
    > went on a V5R4 system?
    >
    > I thought I could use QSH CMD(find / -size +1G -ls') but see that the
    > iSeries QSH version of 'find' does not work the same as the *nix
    > equivalant as I cannot use the + modifier.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any suggestions
    > JohnO

    you need to specify the size in 512 byte blocks (nothing following
    size) or in bytes (c follows size)

    so

    -size +2000 means greater than 1,024,000 bytes (2000 x 512)
    -size +1000000c means greater than 1,000,000 bytes

  3. Re: How to identify large files in Libraries and/or IFS?

    On Oct 29, 3:18*pm, amc wrote:
    > On Oct 29, 12:14*pm, JohnO wrote:
    >
    > > Hi, anybody have some tips on how to find out where the disk space all
    > > went on a V5R4 system?

    > > I thought I could use QSH CMD(find / -size +1G -ls') but see that the
    > > iSeries QSH version of 'find' does not work the same as the *nix
    > > equivalant as I cannot use the + modifier.

    > > Thanks in advance for any suggestions
    > > JohnO

    > you need to specify the size in 512 byte blocks (nothing following
    > size) or in bytes (c follows size)
    >
    > so
    >
    > -size +2000 * * * * *means greater than *1,024,000 bytes (2000 x 512)
    > -size +1000000c * * * *means greater than 1,000,000 bytes

    another option is to run RTVDSKINF (http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/
    infocenter/iseries/v5r4/index.jsp?topic=/cl/rtvdskinf.htm) when the
    system is in low usage.

    you can then do all sorts of SQL inquiries against QUSRSYS/QAEZDISK

  4. Re: [Q] How to identify large files in Libraries and/or IFS?

    For files, use the DISKTASKS menu for coolection and reporting.

    For the IFS use rtvdirinf and prtdirinf.

    You need to do some reading.

    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...v5r4/index.jsp

    JohnO wrote:
    > Hi, anybody have some tips on how to find out where the disk space all
    > went on a V5R4 system?
    >
    > I thought I could use QSH CMD(find / -size +1G -ls') but see that the
    > iSeries QSH version of 'find' does not work the same as the *nix
    > equivalant as I cannot use the + modifier.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any suggestions
    > JohnO

+ Reply to Thread