CPYTOSTMF vs MOV OBJ (SAVF) - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on CPYTOSTMF vs MOV OBJ (SAVF) - IBM AS400 ; Can someone explain to me that when I didi a CPYTOSTMF on a SAVF the resulting file size ended up being the same size (9 GB) as the SAVF, but when I did a MOV OBJ on the SAVF it ...

  1. CPYTOSTMF vs MOV OBJ (SAVF)

    Can someone explain to me that when I didi a CPYTOSTMF on a SAVF the
    resulting file size ended up being the same size (9 GB) as the SAVF,
    but when I did a MOV OBJ on the SAVF it was reduced to 2.8GB?

    Thanks,

    Falco

  2. Re: CPYTOSTMF vs MOV OBJ (SAVF)

    On Oct 25, 9:55*pm, Falco wrote:
    > Can someone explain to me that when I didi a CPYTOSTMF on a SAVF the
    > resulting file size ended up being the same size (9 GB) as the SAVF,
    > but when I did a MOV OBJ on the SAVF it was reduced to 2.8GB?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Falco

    I couldnt duplicate this. Perhaps your mov command didnt complete
    correctly? Could you restore things from it afterwards?

    Jonathan

+ Reply to Thread