Maximum DLOs allowed - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Maximum DLOs allowed - IBM AS400 ; The V5R4 System Management Maximum Capacities manual (still) shows 349,000 as the "Maximum number of documents and folders in a user auxiliary storage pool (ASP)". It does not state anything about a maximum number of DLOs in the System ASP ...

  1. Maximum DLOs allowed

    The V5R4 System Management Maximum Capacities manual (still) shows
    349,000 as the "Maximum number of documents and folders in a user
    auxiliary storage pool (ASP)".

    It does not state anything about a maximum number of DLOs in the
    System ASP (other than a 2,147,483,647 limit across Root).

    Would anyone kindly tell me if there is a System ASP DLO limit less
    than 2 billion? And perhaps what that limit is!

    Also, please another question:
    Is any object in /QDLS considered a DLO (Are "object in /QDLS" and
    "DLO" synonyms)?

    Thanks,
    Jack

  2. Re: Maximum DLOs allowed

    il 20/10/2008 18.08, Scrive jliesner@gmail.com 43711712:
    > The V5R4 System Management Maximum Capacities manual (still) shows
    > 349,000 as the "Maximum number of documents and folders in a user
    > auxiliary storage pool (ASP)".
    >
    > It does not state anything about a maximum number of DLOs in the
    > System ASP (other than a 2,147,483,647 limit across Root).
    >
    > Would anyone kindly tell me if there is a System ASP DLO limit less
    > than 2 billion? And perhaps what that limit is!
    >
    > Also, please another question:
    > Is any object in /QDLS considered a DLO (Are "object in /QDLS" and
    > "DLO" synonyms)?

    Yes. So 349,000 is the actual limit for /qdls fyle-system.