ODBC connection : Error SQL5016 - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on ODBC connection : Error SQL5016 - IBM AS400 ; I am trying to connect using ODBC to a library in the AS400 but I got the error in the subject. I have seen that could be comething regarding the naming conventions *SQL or *System, but both are not working. ...

  1. ODBC connection : Error SQL5016

    I am trying to connect using ODBC to a library in the AS400 but I got
    the error in the subject.
    I have seen that could be comething regarding the naming conventions
    *SQL or *System, but both are not working.
    I am using V5R3 and my client access is updated with the last service
    pack.

    Thanks
    Stefano

  2. Re: ODBC connection : Error SQL5016

    On Oct 8, 2:19*pm, "stbl...@gmail.com" wrote:
    > I am trying to connect using ODBC to a library in the AS400 but I got
    > the error in the subject.
    > I have seen that could be comething regarding the naming conventions
    > *SQL or *System, but both are not working.
    > I am using V5R3 and my client access is updated with the last service
    > pack.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Stefano

    If you dspmsgd SQL5016 qsqlmsg you get the text
    Qualified object name &1 not valid. Take option 1 for more info.
    So it looks like you have either set your library or file as LIB/FILE
    when it should be LIB.FILE or vice versa. This is *sys/*sql naming so
    one should work unless your file is not there, or maybe you're not
    authorised?
    Perhaps you have just filled something in wrongly in the ODBC, or
    differently in there to what is expected in the application using it.

    Jonathan

+ Reply to Thread